Galway Counselling Services: face-to-face counselling in Galway City
At Helplink, we offer a range of counselling/therapy services across Galway City and County – where all of our appointments are available in person.
We pride ourselves in offering an affordable and accessible service, without compromising on the quality of the service. Most noteworthy, our Galway Counselling Service provides top, qualified, insured and Garda vetted counsellors, who will ensure to make you feel welcome with us; at times to suit you 7 days a week and out-of-hours!
Galway Counselling Services Available:
- General Counselling
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Youth Counselling
- Couples/Marriage Counselling
- Bereavement Therapy
- 9 am to 9 pm Monday to Friday
- 12 to 6 pm Saturday and Sunday
- (Closed on Bank Holidays and Christmas/New Year’s Eve)
- appointment booking available 9 to 5 Monday to Friday
Discounted fees available for general, addiction and bereavement counselling appointments, at the fee of €30:
- a full-time (third level) student
- a part-time counselling student
- a part-time worker (working less then 20 hours a week),
- a single parent
- in receipt of a social protection payments (e.g. Jobseeker’s Benefit/Allowance, Disability Benefit etc.)
Note 1: you must provide evidence of your status to avail of this fee. Other specialised counselling/therapeutic services fees may vary.
Note 2: For young people (under the age of 18), the appointment fee is determined by which category their parents/caregivers fall into.
Employed Persons Fee: as a non-profit organisation we try to keep the fees for appointments as low as possible. For employed people the cost for a general counselling appointment is €65. Please ask about the fees for the other types of counselling appointments we offer, as these fees vary.
We can support you if you are dealing with any of the below issues affecting your mental health:
- feeling unhappy
- feeling low
- being constantly worried
- lack of sleeping
- feeling stressed and/or anxious
- behaviour problems
- anger issues
- feeling sad
- difficulty dealing with a death
- being bullied/cyber bullying
- feeling confused
- not feeling good about yourself
- lacking in confidence
- and more!
PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide a crisis service, Therefore, if someone is seriously contemplating suicide or in need of immediate help, they should go to their local A&E; Dial 999 for assistance.
Please further note: if you want to cancel or postpone your appointment you must do so 48 hours in advance. Consequently, a cancellation fee may apply.
If coming to our offices isn’t a possibility for you, for whatever reason, or you prefer to get counselling from your home or other private space, we also have an online counselling service.