Helplink provides accessible, free or low cost mental health services; locally, nationally and internationally, 7 days a week and out–of–hours.
The three types of mental health services that Helplink provide are:
Counselling, Information Provision and Education.
Building on last year’s successful sea-swimming fundraising challenge organised by students from NUI Galway, for our services, we at Helplink are delighted to announce that we will be holding a national, month-long sea swimming fundraiser challenge for our services called Coldtober!
We are going National, so all of Ireland can take part!
Coldtober is a fundraising event for the month of October, each day we invite you to join us in this month-long sea swimming fundraiser challenge to help us get one step closer to meeting our mission; to support children, young people and adults with their mental health.
Twenty different locations around Ireland will see participants going for a swim every day for this 31 day challenge in their local sea swimming area.
Register today to take part in our challenge and receive your registration pack with goodies from our sponsors, including our Helplink/Coldtober Portwest beanie, and our delicious, unique Solaris Tea to warm you up after your sea swim!
For anyone who would like to take part but isn’t near a sea swimming spot, you can take part by having a 30-second cold shower each day!
Registration is €30 and you can sign up here > https://buy.stripe.com/6oE2apd9bfbe0I8fYY
Donate to this cause here > https://www.idonate.ie/event/3068_coldtober.html
Your Coldtober Donations Support Us to Provide:
- our free and low cost mental health services; for children, young people and adults; 7 days a week and out–of–hours, nationally and locally (West of IRL)
- our free international counselling service for Irish citizens – so far we have supported our citizens with their mental health while abroad in 36 countries, and counting…
- our free gambling addiction counselling that is available nationwide by phone and online; 7 days a week and out-of-ours
- our e-learning platform Mind Hacks (mindhacks.ie) that provides free video and podcast libraries on mental health and student/employee wellbeing workshops
Founder & CEO of Helplink Mental Health Lochlann Scott says,
“Last year we were bowled over by the support that we received from the NUIG students who did a sea swimming challenge for us. Now that we are launching this inaugural national event called Coldtober, we hope that people all around the country will join us. Either by jumping into the water everyday in October, sponsoring a friend or family member, or by donating to these great services . All proceeds from Coldtober will go towards supporting the organisation to provide our much needed mental health services locally, nationally and internationally; thank you to everyone taking part and to our sponsors.”
For more information, interviews, or to become a sponsor or make a donation, please contact Marketing & Fundraising Manager Ruth Mc Court – email@example.com
Photo Credits: Brad Anderson
How can you help?
- Promote via your social channels/website using the content in the below folder and using our hashtag #Coldtober
- If you would prefer to reshare any of our social media posts our handles are below;
Follow Helplink Mental Health Services